Kid's BJJ Classes
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the best anti-bullying training a child can receive. More than any other martial arts discipline, BJJ teaches practical, effective, real-world self-defense techniques. Instead of punching and kicking, Jiu-Jitsu focuses on takedown skills, ground fighting, grappling, pressure, chokes, and escape techniques, teaching students to defend themselves against opponents of greater size and strength.
Vida offers classes for kids ages 5-15 (kids 16+ can train in the adult classes). Kids classes are held on weekday evenings and Saturdays. While we ask a basic level of respect and effort in the Dojo, our approach is to allow kids to be kids while learning and having fun. Our goals are to empower your child and instill confidence and self-control. Inherent in the philosophy and practice of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu are the characteristics of persistence and resilience, stressing the importance of attendance and maintaining a positive attitude in the face of adversity.
Benefits of our Kids BJJ Program:
• Builds confidence, self-esteem, balance, coordination and body awareness
• Increases focus and discipline
• Teaches practical self-defense and anti-bullying techniques
• Develops problem solving skills
• Promotes a healthy lifestyle
• Focuses on goal setting and completion